Sunday, July 28, 2013

Birthday Girl

So yesterday was my 19th birthday. It was wonderful. I thought it was going to suck because I had an all-day rehearsal for the show I am in, but it didn't suck one bit. My family decided it would be best to put my birthday on hold and celebrate when I would be home the next day. I agreed and went to bed preparing for the worst birthday of my life.

I got up at 6:30 am. We had recordings to do to sweeten our tracks for the show. We had to be there at 7:45 am.... needless to say I hit snooze twice and was late. I pulled the "It's my birthday" card and they sang to me and we proceeded with our day.

We moved over to the outdoor shell theater and did our very first cue to cue rehearsal. Someone brought doughnuts and suddenly my life was better. Who doesn't like doughnuts?! I was really happy to have some food in me... plus I looked really cute so I felt a lot better. People kept wishing my happy birthday and I began to cheer up. One of my dear friends even gave me one of the nicest cards I have ever received. I felt like a princess at this point. People were giving me back rubs, I could ask for anything and I would get it in seconds. The director at one point, while yelling at us in the megaphone, stopped and said "JENNIE" really loud. I looked at him and he wished me happy birthday with that Jerry Elison smile. I felt so good.

It was break time, so a ton of us went to Chili's restaurant at my request. We got there and there were 32 members of our cast there. That is more than half. I felt so loved. We all ordered our meals and I excused myself at one point to go off to the restroom. As I went back, I came around the corner to our massive table and they all started to sing happy birthday. Really loudly!  That's 32 theater people singing happy birthday -- that's quite the scene. I turned bright red and then other families began to sing to me as well! I secretly loved it. We ate our meal and I was stuffed. The bills began to be passed out. It was nearing the end when I was still expecting mine, I couldn't figure it out. I looked across the table and my friend and her husband were smiling at me and said happy birthday. They had already paid my tab.  It was so nice! I thanked them about 10 times.

So we got back and it was time to start running the show.  I walked into the shell when Lexi (probably my best friend in the show) came up to me holding a huge gift bag. I was too excited to wait to open it so I ripped it open. It was Reeses (my favorite candy) and an Iron Man T-shirt. Then another cast member came in with a cup cake from The Sweet Tooth Fairy and wished my a very happy birthday.

 Needless to say it was a glorious Birthday. Not to mention that today I celebrated with my family and got some pretty cool things. I loved it. 19 will be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment