Yesterday I got into my first car wreck... I was sobbing all day about it. I really couldn't stop crying. It was so scary, I even had a nightmare about it last night.
Here is what happened: I was on the freeway heading to Thanksgiving Point. Just driving along (I do this all the time). I was seriously almost there! I was driving in between a semi-truck on my right and a very nice white car on my left. Normally, I don't like semis, but I was alright. And I was almost there. The truck was a flatbed, 18-wheeler, carrying no cargo, and it had two long trailers hooked up to it. Normal. Until he turned on his blinker. The semi-truck wanted to change lanes into MY lane. I was right in the middle of the two trailers it had and I thought the truck could see me. I sped up a tiny bit just to make sure. He didn't see me. The big semi-truck was changing lanes and headed right for me. I looked to my right and all I saw was a trailer headed straight to crush my car. I had nowhere to go, honestly. I swerved and briefly had contact with another car (I hit the car to my left). It was enough force to shatter my mirror on my side of the car. My window was down so a piece of glass flew into my car. I still haven't found that. I tried so hard to not let the car fly out of control, and I didn't lose control! It wasn't until I hit the other car that the semi-truck noticed me and swerved back into his original lane. That all happened within about 3 to 5 seconds, maybe less.
I started shaking severely, and crying, and praying. Too much was happening, and it didn't feel real. The white car pulled in front of me and I followed him to a parking lot off the nearest exit. I got out and saw all the damage that that blasted semi-truck had cost us. The other car had a dent where my mirror hit and a nice, thick green streak all the way down the side of the car where we collided, and a few other scratches too. My mirror was shattered and I had a lack of paint where the white car and my car hit. I also had a crack in the driver's door from impact, not to mention there was a chunk of my hub cap missing. I called my dad and asked where the papers were and what I needed. I talked to the man, he was nice about it but I could tell he was mad. Who wouldn't be? Oh, I am still crying... He called the police and we waited. We both took pictures and sat in our cars talking to people on our phones. The police showed up and asked what happened. I told them exactly what happened. They took our information and gave us paperwork to fill out and give our statements. They asked me to draw on the back what happened, so I did. I was still crying and shaking, There was no way I could drive so I called my mom. My mom grabbed my brother and they set out to find me. The hard part is I had no idea where I was - it was some random exit between home and where I was going. I gave them a building I was near, and twenty minutes later there they were. The police gave me a paper to give to my insurance company and he said I was good to go. The other guy left, the police left, my brother left, and then my mom and I were on our way.
Side note: When I say crying I didn't mean bawling. I mean some tears streaming down my face and my eyes were puffy, but you could understand me. I was clearly shaken up
But wait, there is more!
After my thing at Thanksgiving Point we noticed my car was knocked out of alignment and shook at high speeds, so we decided to take a different way home that didn't include the freeway. We were up by point of the mountain and that thing is all sand and we all know it. Did anyone notice that yesterday was very dusty in the valley? Well up by point of the mountain, the wind was turning the loose sand into a small sand storm. In parts of the road we couldn't see through it. We turned on our headlights and slowed down to about 15 mph. We couldn't see a thing! Out of the blue we see something flying right at our car! At first it looked like a cardboard box, then in looked like a giant trash bin. All I knew is something big was headed for the passenger side door... We cringed as this heavy thing hit the car, and took out the other side mirror! I looked out my window to see what it was - it read "Port-A-John." My mom and I couldn't help but laugh about this. We were just hit by a flying Port-A-Potty. It was a stress-filled day and that was the last straw. We were laughing so hard because we needed it, and let's be real here, it was hilarious! We got home and checked out our maimed car, half wondering if the potty left a huge dent, and the other half wondering if we just drove home with crap smeared all over the car. Neither had happened, thank goodness! We were out our second side view mirror. Oh well, we weren't hurt and the car still ran!
After it all happened I was talking with my mom. We decided things could have been a whole lot worse. If I hadn't have swerved the semi would have hit me and my car probably would have spun out and created a huge pileup involving who knows how many other cars. At those high speeds I could have also lost control of the car. I could have lost my life. The car could have been totaled. And a lot of other people could have been involved. But it didn't happen. I have a lot to be thankful for and I know I was being looked after.
xoxo
Jennie
That is the strangest Tardis encounter I have ever heard of.
ReplyDelete